PV Pros is seeking an experienced Electrical Engineer to lead the engineering efforts of the field service business. The engineer shall possess experience and understanding in the design, installation, and operation of commercial PV systems, commercial electrical systems, and power electronics. Candidate will lead the engineering efforts which support the technicians conducting diagnostic, troubleshooting, maintenance, repair, installation, commissioning, and monitoring services. The position is based in the company’s office headquarters in Hoboken NJ.
Apply to: email@example.com
Oversee all engineering needs for PV Pro’s full range of services. Provide technical and troubleshooting assistance to field service technicians (usually remotely from the office, occasionally on site).
- Electrical Engineering
- Develop methods and tools for troubleshooting equipment, and testing equipment’s operation and performance.
- Take the lead on solving the challenges the field techs are not able to solve.
- Assist on Pure Power Engineering projects.
- Create load flow, short circuit, coordination, and arc flash studies.
- Be the interface between PV Pros and Pure Power’s engineers. Manage tasks delegated to Pure Power engineers.
- Assist engineers with their design for new construction, including reviewing the construction documents and making suggestions to improve the operation and reliability of the system.
- Other electrical engineering tasks as necessary.
- Procedures & Standardization
- Work with office and field staff to standardize procedures for solving issues encountered in the field.
- Create standardized forms the techs will use in the field. Create methods to digitize all forms, so that they can be quickly turned into a deliverable report with minimal double entry or work in the office.
- Tools & Test Equipment: Develop tool and testing equipment standards, including which tools/ testing equipment the company should standardize on, how to use the tools, which tools should be present in all vans, and which should be shared among techs.
- Parts and Materials – Develop the list of parts and materials that should be kept on each van to allow for quick repair of the most common issues found in the field. For parts not kept in the service vans, identify which should be stocked in our central warehouse vs purchasing on an as-needed basis from a vendor.
- Develop training programs, such as best practices, troubleshooting procedures, and equipment use.
- Develop and maintain a centralize knowledge base the technical and engineers can use to troubleshoot issues.
- Author white papers and blog articles for the website.
- Analyze results of field service work and testing.
- Create reports for the client.
- Performance Analysis
- Monitor performance of systems.
- Develop models and methods to measure, quantify, and analysis the performance of the overall PV system, as well as sub systems and individual components.
- PVsyst – Determine the parameters that should be inputted to result in a realistic generation estimate. Everyone in the industry is using standard rules of thumb. We want to determine that those should really be, based on real world data.
- Safety Plan
- Assist in the development of the company’s safety policies, particularly how to safety work on electrical equipment and use testing equipment in accordance with OSHA.
- Work towards making PV Pros a NETA accredited company, as well as personal NETA certifications.
- Business Development
- Support the sales team by providing input on proposals, including writing and/or reviewing technical specifications, estimating man-hours and materials, quotes, and proposed schedules.
- Master Electrician or Journeyman card
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certificate
- OSHA 30 for Construction Certificate
- Formal training certificate or degree in electrical field
- 5+ years’ experience in the electrical industry
- 2+ years’ experience of PV System design, installation, operations & maintenance (O&M)
- Experience in the electrical service and/or maintenance industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, lift 100 pounds, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme environments
- Must be extremely organized with documentation
- Proficient use of tablets and computers
- Schedule and execute time sensitive work orders
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary & benefits commensurate with experience. Benefits include healthcare plans, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, dental, vision and 401K plan.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: PV Pros is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.