Experienced Solar Service Technician
PV Pros, Inc. is a solar energy company specializing in repair, operation & maintenance (O&M) of commercial and utility scale solar power systems.
PV Pros is seeking an experienced Solar Service Technician to provide diagnostic, troubleshooting, preventive and corrective maintenance services. They will assist in the commissioning and installation of the PV equipment and monitoring systems during new installations, and possesses significant experience and understanding in the design, installation, and operation of commercial PV systems.
We have open positions in the following service territories: Maryland, New Jersey, Southern NY State, Long Island, Connecticut, & Massachusetts.
Apply to: email@example.com
- Performing required preventive maintenance activities on commercial PV systems to maintain warranty coverage responding to corrective maintenance cases on PV systems.
- Installing, troubleshooting and repairing electrical components.
- Inspecting systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Testing electrical systems of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, or fixtures, using testing devices, such as thermal cameras, IV curve tracers, multimeters, etc, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Install and maintain monitoring systems.
- Generate material and labor take-offs for quotes.
- Report writing, data analysis, and work order activity documenting.
- Working closely with customers.
- Prioritizing work requests and self-schedule.
- Working with customers who are unhappy with the performance/functionality of their systems.
- Ensuring the vehicle, tooling, electronics, software, and company property issued are accounted for and taken care of.
- Attending training courses.
- Working safely and in accordance with OSHA.
- Supporting the ongoing development and improvement of the Service team.
- Master Electrician or Journeyman card
- NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certificate
- OSHA 30 for Construction Certificate
- Formal training certificate or degree in electrical field
- Trade experience in roofing
- 5+ years’ experience in the electrical industry
- 2+ years’ experience of PV System design, installation, operations & maintenance (O&M),
- Experience in the electrical service and/or maintenance industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, lift 100 pounds, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
- Must be able to work outdoors in extreme environments
- Must be extremely organized with documentation
- Proficient use of tablets and computers
- Schedule and execute time sensitive work orders
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary & benefits commensurate with experience. Benefits include healthcare plans, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, dental, vision and 401K.
Please note: potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check, pre-employment drug screen, and any other test that may be required for the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: PV Pros is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.